ST. VINCENT de PAUL MINISTRY
The objective of the St. Vincent de Paul society is to spiritually and physically help the poor. The mission of St. John’s St. Vincent de Paul Conference is the mission of the Society; to join-together in a bond of friendship and to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those in need.
Volunteer work in our parish Conference consists of primary case work. The members interview those in need to see how to best help them with their needs—clothing, food, furniture and referrals to other organizations. The St. Vincent de Paul office is staffed by volunteers Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to noon, as well as maintaining a 24-hour Hotline.
Our Parish Conference is fully supported by the people of St. John’s—through the Poor Boxes, the third Sunday of the Month Food Drive (given to the homeless and to others who have difficulty obtaining food) and our Car Donation Program.
For assistance, please call 727.360.1147, ext. 102. We check our voicemail throughout the day. If we are not available when you call, please leave a message; we will return it.
If you are interested in joining our ministry, or would like more information, please call Bob Salerno at 727.360.1147, ext. 102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We must hurry to the aid of those in spiritual need as we hurry to put out a fire.
—St. Vincent de Paul
FOOD SUNDAY— 3RD SUNDAY OF THE MONTH
The people of St. John’s Parish are, and have been, very generous on Food Sunday. The food you donate is given to the homeless and to others who have difficulty obtaining food. Some have cooking facilities, and some do not; therefore, we need food that can be eaten right out of the container and food that requires cooking.
• Small jars of peanut butter
• Small jars of jelly
• Spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce (in cans)
• Canned meats, such as: Spam, corned beef, ham, Vienna sausage & chicken
• Canned fruit
• Canned soups, the heartier the better
• Canned ravioli and other similar foods
• Macaroni and cheese
• Tuna fish, canned fish of other kinds
• Boxed milk ready to use
• Juice in cans, large and small
• Coffee and tea
• Cereal & cereal bars
Some toiletry suggestions are:
• Hand soap, tooth paste, tooth brushes and deodorant, toilet paper & shampoo
USE AMAZON SMILE FOR DONATIONS
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Search for Society of St. Vincent De Paul St. John Vianney Conference
3. Start shopping! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the organization you select.
PARISH CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Currently the 2020 Mass Intention Book is full.
The 2021 will open prior to Easter. One of our neighboring parishes
may be able to assist in your request, or St. John Vianney
can offer an “unannounced” Mass
($5 requested donation). Contact the parish office for questions.